Do you have an embarrassing stain on your ceiling that you’ve been hoping to cover up? Want to refresh a room’s style with a bold new color? Whatever your goal, the professional ceiling painters at Sunshine Painting can help you get the job done right. Learn more below, and contact us today to request a free quote.
Why Choose Us?
This can be a challenging job if you attempt to do it on your own. Luckily, you don’t have to. Here are just a few reasons our clients trust us to provide the best ceiling painting services in the area:
- Free Upfront Estimates
- Experienced Interior Painters
- Affordable Service
- Quality Guaranteed
- Large Color Selection & Free Color Samples
- Major Credit Cards Accepted
Only the Best Paint
At Sunshine Painting, we use only high-quality paint designed for the specific task at hand. In the case of ceilings, we generally recommend a latex paint with a flat or matte finish. This type of paint can help to reduce splatter and also dries faster, helping to prevent pesky drips. Latex paint also tends to have less fading, cracking and peeling.
Choose the Right Color
While white or off-white paint is the most common choice for ceilings, you can create unique looks by choosing another color. Here are some tips to consider:
- White ceiling paint helps to create a brighter room and can even make a room seem bigger than it is.
- Dark colors can make a room feel smaller. Generally, the darker the paint, the smaller the room might look. If you want to create a more intimate space, darker colors could be a good choice.
- Consider the lighting in your space. When you are most often in the room, how much natural light enters? For rooms that get little natural light, a white ceiling is ideal to help brighten up the space. If abundant natural light is present, consider an off-white paint or a darker shade to help balance the room. If you light the room primarily with lamps or candles, consider a bolder shade.
- Consider your walls. When painting your ceiling, playing off the color of your walls can create different effects. When you slightly alter the shade from the walls, you can create a taller, more open feeling room—while contrasting with your walls can create a bold look.
When you work with Sunshine Painting, we are happy to provide free color samples, so you can ensure you’re getting the perfect color for your unique space.
Get the Right Finish
Color isn’t the only thing to consider when painting your ceiling. The finish is just as important. Here’s what we recommend:
- Flat and matte finishes are best, especially if the ceiling is a dark color. These finishes can prevent reflection or glare, so your ceiling won’t distract from other elements in the room.
- Semi-gloss finishes may be acceptable for bathroom ceilings, as they can help to prevent moisture buildup and mildew.
- High-gloss finishes may be acceptable in kitchens, as they can make your ceiling easier to clean and can better deal with moisture. Again, just keep in mind that there can be some glare when using glossy finishes.
Request a Quote
Ready to get started? When you work with Sunshine Painting, you can trust that you are working with experienced, professional ceiling painters. We take our time to properly prep each room and respect your space as if it were our own. Contact us today to get a free quote for your ceiling painting services.